Department: Research and Development
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technical Specialist to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to the laboratory manager.
You will work hand in hand with lab Manager in learning the processes of the color lab, primarily in a quality control role and will eventually directly administer and/or assist manager in the daily workings in the laboratory of a booming colorant company. Working with aqueous dispersions composed of organic and inorganic pigments the job will involve analyzing color strength, testing viscosity, PH and other specifications set for specific batches with precise formulas. He/She will work with the production team in a support role helping to create an already existing buffer from Production to Laboratory to Office by printing batch sheets and helping to maintain the already in place system.
You will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that pushes our products forward as well as ensures their high quality. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results.
This job is hands on, meaning the position requires the prospective employee to wear provided PPE including nitrile gloves and masks to protect from contact with chemicals, fumes, and other raw materials when doing quality control work or helping with R&D.
This is a full-time position starting from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday with an unpaid hour lunch. Pay will be dependent upon the candidate’s experience and/or education.
As a Lab Technician, you will conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests of liquid paint samples and analyze test data for Research and Development purposes. Tests will include wet properties such as viscosity, density, and percent non-volatile. Are you capable of working with professionals, engineers, scientists, and project leaders to plan, construct, test, and document laboratory work? Must be a team player, very organized!
- Willingness to learn
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills (Word, excel, research, etc.),
- Strong work ethic
- Responsible employment history
- Mathematically inclined
- Team player
- Very organized
- Ensures that accurate safety procedures and housekeeping are maintained and conducts work in a manner that protects yourself, co-workers, and the environment.
- Performs tinting, paint preparation, panel preparation, paint and coating evaluation, digital and visual analisys, and quality control as required to support a variety of efforts.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment with limited supervision and will keep in orderly and clean condition (5S).
- Reports results (in charts, graphs, tables, and reports) in timely manner to meet project requirements.
- Participates in the quality process and maintains requirements for the laboratory.
- Work with paint production staff.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum education of bachelor’s degree in applied science, chemistry, physics or engineering is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in related field or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Knowledge or experience of industrial process control systems, Ability to be “hands on” in execution of Pilot Scale experiments, Ability to work well independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team, Strong communication, time management and organization skills are essential.
- Diploma required, with a degree demonstrating chemistry, technical, math, mechanical, or engineering aptitude preferred.The Applicant will be required to complete a capacity test as part the interview.
- As you work to develop your skills, you will be expected to evaluate test results, make adjustments to batches and approve batches for the customer!
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter with details about your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Specialist” in the subject line.