GIT is seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic, analytical, and results-oriented Project Manager.
The Project Manager will play a fundamental role in helping us achieve our ambitious growth goals. You will be the primary point person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering contracted projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. To achieve these important goals, the Project Manager will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and supervise the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle.
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Development and Continual Learning
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the entire lifecycle of specific projects, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Establish a Project Charter for the specified project, defining the project’s goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Manage project activities throughout the lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specifications.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program.
- Reallocate resources across multiple projects where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies.
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary.
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Manage project dependencies.
- University degree in Engineering and or other relative disciplines
- PEng is a considered an asset
- 5+ years of direct work experience in project management.
- PMP project management certifications is an
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolution skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Persuasive and motivating, with a strong focus on managing consultants.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Ability to assess corporate climate, socio-economic factors, trends, and other criteria to determine chances of project success.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Travel might be required.
- Overtime as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to attend and conduct presentations.
About Graphite Innovations & Technologies Inc.
GIT is a leading Canadian materials engineering firm focused on delivering disruptive uses for graphene technologies. We believe that the commercial value of graphene lies in the ability to transfer its intrinsic properties into other materials, thus creating higher value materials and products which possess specifically enhanced characteristics. As a disruptive technology, graphene has the potential to replace or enhance the performance of existing materials in a wide range of applications and sectors. Our current focus is on the development of novel marine coatings which improve the performance of all types of vessels.
GIT is an equal opportunity employer which welcomes the business benefits which arise from having a diverse workforce.
To apply to the position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Project Manager” in the subject field; While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration of this position.