The Production Technician will report to GIT’s Production Supervisor
This person will operate machines and mix chemicals to prepare batches of marine coatings (paint). GIT’s products do not use any toxic chemicals. As a member of a small team, employees are all responsible for the success of our company and will be expected to take on many different tasks and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for preparing batches of paint, starting with the basic fluids, and adding various additives and pigments, making necessary adjustments throughout the process.
Operation, inspection, calibration, maintenance, and cleaning of various machines used in the GIT process, including:
- Cowles and high shear mixer
- Paint spray equipment
- Forklift operation
Perform basic quality control tests including density, viscosity, grinding check, etc. and record test results following GIT’s documented internal procedures. Maintain organized quality control and process documentation. Assist with the implementation of lean principles and best paint production practices while applying ASTM and ISO processes as directed.
Maintain inventory storage area and first-in-first-out system, receiving inventory items as they arrive and retrieving such items when required for production. Track inventory quantities and notify team when inventory levels require replenishment.
Packaging, labeling, and boxing of finished product including preparation for shipping.
Attend daily meetings and report any difficulties relating to the product, process and/or quality system.
- Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Engineering preferred
- Experience: 2 + years Production/Manufacturing experience or equivalent industrial experience.
- Specific skills: Familiarity with safety practices and techniques relating to chemical/power/industrial manufacturing/production.
- Personal characteristics: Strong communication (verbal & written), ability to motivate, prioritize, and organize in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Certifications. 5S, 6 Sigma certifications will be an asset.
- Licenses. Forklift operation, safety certifications would be an asset.
- Physical abilities: Physical ability to lift 12kg and climb stairs,
About Graphite Innovations & Technologies Inc.
GIT is a leading Canadian materials engineering firm focused on delivering disruptive uses for graphene technologies. We believe that the commercial value of graphene lies in the ability to transfer its intrinsic properties into other materials, thus creating higher value materials and products which possess specifically enhanced characteristics. As a disruptive technology, graphene has the potential to replace or enhance the performance of existing materials in a wide range of applications and sectors. Our current focus is on the development of novel marine coatings which improve the performance of all types of vessels.
GIT is an equal opportunity employer which welcomes the business benefits which arise from having a diverse workforce.
To apply to the position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Production Technician” in the subject field; While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration of this position.