The General Labourer will report to GIT’s Production Supervisor
This person will operate machines and mix chemicals to prepare batches of marine coatings (paint). GIT’s products do not use any toxic chemicals. As a member of a small team, employees are all responsible for the success of our company and will be expected to take on many different tasks and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
This person will be responsible for, or provide assistance to, other members of the GIT team performing, the following activities:
- Preparing metal and fiberglass test substrates using orbital sander and other tools • Setting up and cleaning up at project sites
- Organizing machine shop and tools and equipment
- Performing general and preventative maintenance of production and laboratory equipment
- Maintaining and cleaning GIT facilities and equipment including shop floor, offices, and washroom
- Performing shipping/receiving activities including packaging, labeling, and boxing • Assembly and disassembly of furniture
- Operate forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Initiate, review and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Education level: College diploma
- Experience: Prior industry experience
- Specific skills: Computer skills including Microsoft Office software, ability to read basic measuring instruments and carry out basic arithmetic operations.
- Personal characteristics: Team player, Excellent oral communication, Dependability, Reliability, Punctuality
- Physical abilities. Lift 24 kg, climb stairs.
About Graphite Innovations & Technologies Inc.
GIT is a leading Canadian materials engineering firm focused on delivering disruptive uses for graphene technologies. We believe that the commercial value of graphene lies in the ability to transfer its intrinsic properties into other materials, thus creating higher value materials and products which possess specifically enhanced characteristics. As a disruptive technology, graphene has the potential to replace or enhance the performance of existing materials in a wide range of applications and sectors. Our current focus is on the development of novel marine coatings which improve the performance of all types of vessels.
GIT is an equal opportunity employer which welcomes the business benefits which arise from having a diverse workforce.
To apply to the position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “General Labourer” in the subject field; While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration of this position.