Analyst, Innovation and Business Development
About Graphite Innovations & Technologies Inc.
GIT is a leading Canadian materials engineering firm focused on delivering disruptive uses for graphene technologies. We believe that the commercial value of graphene lies in the ability to transfer its intrinsic properties into other materials, thus creating higher value materials and products which possess specifically enhanced characteristics. As a disruptive technology, graphene has the potential to replace or enhance the performance of existing materials in a wide range of applications and sectors. Our current focus is on the development of novel marine coatings which improve the performance of all types of vessels.
GIT is an equal opportunity employer which welcomes the business benefits which arise from having a diverse workforce.
The Analyst, Innovation and Business Development, reporting to the Financial Controller, will be responsible for growing the Company’s presence in the marine coatings market and assisting in modelling business activities for internal and external reporting. As a member of the team, employees are responsible for the success of our company and will be expected to take on many different tasks and responsibilities as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts business development and works to create various sales channels for the business
- Analyze market intelligence and perform market research
- Develops relationships with industry contacts
- Conducts research and performs detailed business analysis and summary reporting
- Performs general administrative, documentation, reporting and other support
- Updates and develops financial models for internal and external reporting
- Assists in creating various reporting materials including investor reports
- Prepares analyses of business data
- Assists with financial close process as needed
- Other duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in business or other relevant discipline
- MBA or other graduate education preferred
- Superior research and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a climate of deadlines, variety, pressure and complexity
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Broad knowledge of the technology sectors and an ongoing proactive awareness of technology developments
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable developing relationships with customers
- Understanding of the dynamics of startup culture/ small business
- Commercially focused approach to opportunity development and problem-solving
- Experienced and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint
Commensurate with experience
To apply to the position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Analyst, Innovation and Business Development” in the subject field; While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration of this position.