Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
GIT is seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic, analytical, and results-oriented for the role of financial analytical accountant
Key Activities & Qualifications
- Prepare working papers and reconciliations supporting the month-end close process.
- Conducts research and performs detailed business analysis and summary reporting.
- Performs general administrative, documentation, reporting and other support
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Recommends and develops policies and procedures to support effective internal controls and business management.
- Provides internal control and ensures awareness of the conflict of interest policy.
- Performs various expenditure analysis on a regular basis
- Develops and assists in the implementation of financial control systems, including accounting procedures, commitment recording and financial monitoring to ensure effective cost management.
- Solid close of accounting records
- Claims submissions and update schedule
- Continues updates financial models.
- Creating reporting materials for investors
- Support the business with analyzing and summarizing results, monitoring variances and identifying trends.
- Ability to work well in a climate of deadlines, variety, pressure and complexity
- Broad knowledge of the technology sectors and an ongoing proactive awareness of technology developments
- Understanding of the dynamics of startup culture/ small business
- Commercially focused approach to opportunity development and problem-solving
- Strong communications (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to engage specific and broad audiences
- completed a post-secondary degree in business and/or science
- completed a professional designation/degree (CPA,CFA, CMA, MBA)
- Strong Knowledge of QuickBooks Online, enterprise resource planning concepts, Google G-suite, and Microsoft Office
- Key Behavioral Competencies: Dedicated, hardworking and detail oriented. Good management and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills. Strong technical ability. Self-motivated and driven to succeed. Ability to work well with groups. Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
More about you
- Invested — You’re deeply invested in your work and wants it to succeed.
- Personable — You’re personable and have great communication skills. Your writing is clear and concise, but not robotic.
- Curious — You’re a really quick learner who can figure things out on your own and easily adapt to changes.
- Accountable — You don’t shy away from accountability. You like to get your hands dirty to get things done and take full responsibility to ensure quality of work is high and deadlines are met.
- Independent — You’re comfortable working from home. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment (although we’re only a message away).
- Techy — You know your way around a computer and enjoy researching and learning new applications.
- Interested — You have some experience with or interest in technology, personal development, accounting and Startup culture.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your cover letter and CV, detailing your experience and qualifications with the subject line “Accountant”, to firstname.lastname@example.org