Job Opening — Technical Writer / Chemist
Department: Research and Development
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Supports Laboratory with writing, editing, tracking of standard operating procedures, analytical specifications, investigation reports, and deviations. Generating ideas and recommendations for system improvement and assistance for scientific writing. Writing patent draft documents and technical reports. Knowledge of organic and inorganic chemistry. Experiment writing.
- Technical writing support for deviation and investigation report writing, as well as Corrective And Preventive Action plans (CAPAs) in accordance with GMPs.
- Facilitates the development and standardization of quality products through participation and representation on group and department level project teams.
- Drafts and revises Analytical Development (AD) protocol, method, and report templates along with other documentation necessary to ensure the qualification of methods.
- Prepares documents and facilitates circulation for review and approval to meet project timelines. Edits documents for grammar, spelling, format, and style according to established guidelines.
- Creates necessary guidelines to standardize document content (eg protocols, reports, analytical standards, SOPs, etc…).
- Consults with technical personnel on process requirements and specifications as well as consults relevant SOPs to assure compliance. Completes necessary support tasks for document issuance.
- Obtains information in a timely manner, manages document changes from many sources, prioritizes work to meet tight timeframes, builds consensus with multiple reviewers and works to meet the department Right First Time and On Time Delivery metrics.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Develops documentation processes.
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results.
- Records and reports the results of the analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Coordinates and leads writing of SOPs, policy manuals, and other instructional documents.
- Conducts training of AD staff on new or revised processes associated with document management systems.
- Coordinates the development of training curricula.
- Assistance with training and guidance of Analytical Development personnel as appropriate.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
- Conduct testing of raw materials, in process, and finished product.
- Analyze results and determine if raw attributes comply with manufacturing standards.
- Conduct problem analyses, investigations, instrument/method troubleshooting and issue resolution as necessary.
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed.
- Assist with process design and improvement.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, identify/improve procedures/results, develop individual capability and help others improve their capability.
- Implement quality procedures. Exhibit strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to perform other tasks as required.
- Exhibit strong teamwork and leadership skills, adhering to all required Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in chemistry. Analytical Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering. MSC or PhD preferable.
Prefer a minimum experience of 5-7 years. If Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of related experience; Associate’s degree typically requires 7 yrs experience.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of the current good manufacturing practices. Knowledge of quality and laboratory systems is essential. Excellent understanding of quality and regulatory requirements in the coating industry. Excellent problem-solving skills and a logical approach to solving scientific problems. Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities. Applicant must have the ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines. Proficient with Microsoft Office (especially MSWord and MSExcel). Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). Good presentation skills to present information to customers, clients, and other employees. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write standard operating procedures and policy manuals. Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination enough to move about office locations; ability to stand and walk; ability to lift and/or carry light objects of up to 25 lbs. for brief periods.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
We encourage minorities and people with disabilities to apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter with details about your experience to email@example.com with “Technical Writer / Chemist” in the subject line.