Department: Research and Development
Anticipated Start Date: January 5, 2018
Preferred laboratory experience and/or proficiencies in the following:
- Wet chemistry
- The expectation is for the position to develop into an expert role within R&D
- Inorganic and composite materials experience including synthesis, drying, extrusion, and dispersions techniques
- Characterization of Inorganic and composite materials (mechanical property testing, BET, XRD, etc.)
- PARR or other high pressure steel reactors
- Process development laboratory
- Organic Synthesis research experience including the use of laboratory scale autoclaves, glassware reactors, distillation and mechanical skills to assemble reactors
- Pilot plant or process/operations (DCS, handling materials, process safety)
- Gas chromatography (GC) experience preferred
- Inks, Paints, Coatings
- Product application performance testing, such as emulsion polymerization
- Implementing new application tests
- Supporting new product development for IPC application areas
- Design and develop new paints and coatings
- Develop quality protocol for new products
- Cost savings and testing new raw materials
- Occasional travel to customer facilities to provide technical service
- Production support of new and existing products
- At least 3 years of work experience or equivalent training in paint and coating formulation
- Other Skills required
Candidate should have good analytical skills and be comfortable doing hands-on formulation in a laboratory environment.
Works with production to conduct pilot plant manufacturing and support scale-up activities.
Required to support manufacturing for issues in production, review all production batch tickets with manufacturing and provide training to operators and supervisors concerning new raw materials and new chemistries.
Responsible for understanding GIT’s procedures for securing intellectual property; responsible for appropriately recording laboratory results for use in developing intellectual property.
Develops and maintains relationships to guarantee effective utilization of “Best Practices” for technologies within the scope of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, with a master degree is preferable
- 2+ years of industrial laboratory experience preferred
- Ability to define, and implement ideas and solutions
- Strong mathematical/laboratory skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Computer competency including knowledge and ability to utilize Microsoft Office and other required software
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Experience with high-temperature coatings preferred
- Experience with ISO 9001 preferred
- Experience with Product Vision or Batchmaster or similar ERP software preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter with details about your experience to email@example.com with “Paint Formulator” in the subject line.