Formulator and Analytical Chemist
Department: Research and Development
Anticipated Start Date: June 5, 2020
Preferred laboratory experience and/or proficiencies in the following:
- Inks, Paints, Coatings
- Polymeric product formulations
- Extensive knowledge on paint additives: pigments, surfactants, surface modifiers
- Product application performance testing, such as emulsion polymerization
- Implementing new application tests
- Supporting new product development for IPC application areas
- Wet chemistry
- Analytical chemistry methodology
- Inorganic and composite materials experience including synthesis, drying, extrusion, and dispersions techniques
- Characterization of Inorganic and composite materials (mechanical property testing, BET, XRD, etc.)
- Process development laboratory
- Organic Synthesis research experience including the use of laboratory-scale autoclaves, glassware reactors, distillation, and mechanical skills to assemble reactors
- Pilot plant or process/operations (DCS, handling materials, process safety)
- Gas chromatography (GC) experience preferred
- Design and develop new paints and coatings
- Develop a quality protocol for new products
- Cost savings and testing new raw materials
- Occasional travel to customer facilities to provide technical service
- Production support for new and existing products
- At least 3 years of work experience or equivalent training in paint and coating formulation
- Other Skills required
- Candidate should have good analytical skills and be comfortable doing hands-on formulation in a laboratory environment.
- Works with production to conduct pilot plant manufacturing and support scale-up activities.
- Required to support manufacturing for issues in production, review all production batch tickets with manufacturing and provide training to operators and supervisors concerning new raw materials and new chemistries.
- Responsible for understanding GIT’s procedures for securing intellectual property; responsible for appropriately recording laboratory results for use in developing intellectual property.
- Develops and maintains relationships to guarantee effective utilization of “Best Practices” for technologies within the scope of the job.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- M.Sc., and Ph.D. in Organic chemistry or polymer chemistry
- 2+ years of industrial laboratory experience preferred
- Ability to define, and implement ideas and solutions
- Strong mathematical/laboratory skills
- Computer competency including knowledge and ability to utilize Microsoft Office and other required software
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Experience with ISO 9001 preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter with details about your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Formulator and Analytical Chemist” in the subject line.